Search Merrel Thermo 6 Waterproof Boots
Merrel Thermo 6 Waterproof Boots
Date Added: 2/24/2016
Viewed: 474 times
Merrel Thermo 6 Waterproof is a good boot but as of 10/10/12 they are no good. The rubber on one has rip in it and the other has a seam that has busted from the rubber part.
However after contacting Merrel they told me to send these boots back and they sent me a brand new pair and as of 2.24.16 they are still holding up, this has been my favorite boot I've owned, the grip on them while walking on ice and snow is much much better than other boots or shoes I've owned, I cannot complain at all about them.
As of 8.12.17 they are coming apart where the top rubber meets the bottom, but they have seen alot of abuse and work. I still wear them some. Merrel isn't making these anymore, what a bummer, but I found a brand new pair on ebay they I got for $48 shipped. Man does the newer pair feel so much diffrent as I have wore the insides of the old boots out and there is no more foot support left in them, there is so much diffrence in them WOW. I will post pictures soon, the ones here below are of pair #1 that Merrel was kind enough to replace for me, pair # 2 did not fail in this way at all. I'm super pleased with the boots, it's a shame they no longer make them....
Hike, sled or snowshoe your way through bad weather with these Waterproof nubuck leather upper combines Merrell Opti-Warm™ and Thinsulate® insulation for three-season comfort. The lightweight TPU shell is completely waterproof, close-molded to the foot with easy striding flex ribs at the forefoot Heel ridges secure a snowshoe strap, and the laces are anchored directly in the shell for precise, athletic lace tension. The tire-chain pattern lugs on the Vibram® sole power up anything.
UPPER / LINING
• TPU Waterproof shell
• Nubuck leather upper
• Snowshoe strap ridge
• Waterproof Membrane provides impermeable barrier
• Merrell Opti-Warm™ lightweight, low-bulk, insulation keeps you warm
• 200 grams of Thinsulate® Insulation
• Ortholite® anatomical footbed
MIDSOLE / OUTSOLE
• Merrell ActiveHeat™ inSole with silver reflective film between insulating polyester layers
• Grade 2 nylon inSole for trail hiking
• Compression molded EVA footframe provides cushioning
• Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
• 6mm Sole lug depth
• Vibram® Thermo 6 Sole/Trek Dura Rubber
• Comfort Range to -25F/-32C